Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Moses saw God face to face

Today's scripture mastery is Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
I have referenced this scripture in a previous post.  This scripture has reference to God's physical body.  If God didn't have a physical body, how could he then speak to Moses "face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend"?  That verse is not a symbolic verse, as some think, but a literal one.  We know that because of the many other examples of people who have seen God, and have testified of what they have seen.  God establishes his truth to us through the law of witnesses.  The law of witnesses is that He teaches us his truths by at least two separate witnesses, but often many more than that.  The apostle Paul taught that law to the Corinthians in 2 Corinthians 13:1:
This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
See my previous post for a long list of those witnesses to God, and who have testified that he does have a body.  Though the best witness of any truth is the Holy Ghost.  When the Holy Ghost, who is the third member of the Godhead, testifies, he does it to our heart and mind in such a way that we can truly say for ourselves that we know that what He has testified is the truth.

If there is anything that you would like to know the truth of, if you ask God, in the name of Christ, truly wanting to know the truth of it, the Holy Ghost will teach you.  He will bear witness to you if it is true.  That is the secret of why so many people have come to know for themselves that these things that I have been blogging about here are true.  They are true.  I know it because I have had that witness to me by the Holy Ghost that they are true.  I know that Christ truly is my Savior and my Redeemer.  I know that only through Him can I be saved.  I am truly grateful for His love for me, and for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment