Friday, January 27, 2012

Why missionary work is so important

The scripture mastery for today explains a bit why missionary work in our church is so important.  These verses are found in Doctrine and Covenants 18:10, 15-16:
10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;

 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
 The key is found in verse 10--Everybody is important to God.  He wants each of us to have all the blessings and happiness that He has to offer.  That is why those of us who have the gospel are asked to share it with others. 

Having served a mission for the church, and having had the wonderful opportunity to share the gospel with those around me, I know about the joy that is referred to in verses 15 and 16.  Sharing the gospel brings an enormous amount of joy and happiness.  Not only to the person sharing the gospel, but also to the person receiving it!

So. . .Want to be happy?  Share the gospel, and you will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment