Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How God does His work

Alma 37:6-7 is today's scripture mastery:

 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
God occasionally does great and grand wonders for all the world to see (such as when Moses parted the Red Sea for example.)  However, He usually works in small and simple ways.  He often does His work through others, and does it in quiet and simple ways.

A good example of this is the restoration of His Gospel in these latter days.  He chose a young man of 14 years of age to reveal himself to, rather than to someone who was well educated and respected, or even to a High ranking and powerful person in the government.  The Lord's church has been restored, and it continues to grow, and spread across the world.  Those that spread the gospel are not anything special.  The gospel is spread typically not in large, miraculous ways, but rather simply the the Holy Ghost touching the hearts and minds of those who hear the message, and then change whatever needs to be changed in their lives to come in to His church.

I hope that my simple messages here are an example of that--I know that the words that I put down here on this blog are not anything grand or spectacular.  I know that I am not a fantastic writer, but I do know that I do have a conviction that what I say is true.  I hope that through this blog (and the many others which are out there who are sharing the gospel) that lives will be touched, and that the salvation of souls may even be accomplished.

Share your simple and small talents that you have with the world.  Through them the world is blessed!  If you have a testimony of the gospel as I have, don't hesitate to share it with others--for it is through the small and simple things that great things are brought to pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment