Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What we should aim to be

Today's scripture mastery is 3 Nephi 27:27.  In it, Christ is talking to the 12 apostles he called here in America when he came to visit them. 
 27 And know ye that ye shall be judges of this people, according to the judgment which I shall give unto you, which shall be just. Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am.
There is specific council here for the leaders of Christ's church--and that is to judge righteously.  They must look to Christ for the judgement (i.e. use the Holy Ghost to help discern the correct judgement--but to do that the leader must be living the commandments, and must strive to be Christlike)

The council beyond the judging applies to all of us though.  Christ taught on more than one occasion that we should strive to be as He is.  He taught that we should do the things that we see Him do (3 Nephi 27:21):
21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;
In other words, we must feed the hungry.  We must help those who suffer and are in need.  We must serve others.  We must strive to be like Christ.  Let us strive to keep His commandments, and serve others the same way Christ served us.


No comments:

Post a Comment