Monday, December 12, 2011

Tithing

Malachi 3:8-10 is the scripture mastery verse for today:

 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
There are a lot of blessings promised by the Lord if we pay our tithing.  This is one of those commandments that doesn't make sense to the "natural man".  It is only after you have tried it, and received the blessings that the Lord has promised that you begin to know for yourself that it really is a commandment from God.  I know that tithing is a true commandment from God, because there are many times in my life where I have been the beneficiary of those blessings, where there has "not been room enough to receive it" 

3 comments:

  1. Malachi 3:7 (KJV) “Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ORDINANCES, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?”

    ORDINANCES NAILED TO THE CROSS:
    Colossians 2:14 (KJV) “Blotting out the handwriting of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”

    NO CURSE TODAY:
    Galatians 3:13 “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us…”

    WE ARE ALREADY BLESSED WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS
    Ephesians 1:3 (KJV) “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:”

    ReplyDelete
  2. As tempting as it can be sometimes, it is never wise to cheat on tithing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely with it never being wise to cheat on tithing.

    I am not sure what UNKNOWN is trying to say with the verses you quoted though. Are you saying that tithing is no longer necessary? I do agree completely with the premise that only through Christ can we be saved. Only through Christ comes the many blessings that we have. No argument there. I do want to point out though that Christ has commanded us to continue to pay tithing in this day just as was done anciently. Please see Doctrine and Covenants 119:4, which reads: "4 And after that, those who have thus been tithed shall pay one-tenth of all their interest annually; and this shall be a standing law unto them forever, for my holy priesthood, saith the Lord."

    ReplyDelete