Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lets start with the basics. . .I have decided to take our Articles of Faith (published by Joseph Smith when the church was still brand new, as a way to explain our beliefs), one at a time.

Let's start with the 1st of the 13 articles of faith:
It reads:

We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
I do believe in God.  His Son, Jesus Christ, is my savior and my redeemer.  I am very grateful to him!  Without him, I would not be able to be forgiven of my sins.  I would not be able to have happiness.  I am grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost, who teaches me, and helps me to get pack on the correct path (i.e. he prompts me to repent when I make a mistake)

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I first learned Christ created the earth under the direction of Heavenly Father (St. John 1:1-3,10). It was such an eye opener because all through Primary I had understood it was God: "I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me" (words from my favorite Primary song). It can be confusing to read in the scriptures and decipher whether it is God or Christ who is being referred to. Always essential to begin scripture study with a prayer asking for understanding.

    ReplyDelete