Thursday, March 1, 2012

You can trust the Lord

How many times in your life have you been let down by somebody?  I know that probably all of us have, at one time or another, been let down by someone that promised us something and then they didn't follow through (I know that I have been on the other end many times as well--I have let others down by not keeping my word)

We can trust the Lord 100%--even when we can not count on others to be completely trustworthy.  Today's scripture mastery emphasises that point--it is found in Doctrine and Covenants 82:10:
 10 I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.
There are many scriptures that teach us that God always does what He says that He will.  It may not always be in the way that we expect, nor is it always on our timetable--but what the Lord says He will do, He does.

Here is another scripture that brings out that point.  It is found in Doctrine and Covenants 1:38.  It states:
 38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
We can count on the Lord to always keep His promises.  However, many of the promised blessings are conditional on the second part of today's scripture mastery.  Note that verse 10 says "when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."  We must keep the commandments of God to be able to claim the blessings that He offers to all of us.  We must repent of our sins.  We must put our trust in the Savior of the World, Jesus Christ.  We must keep His commandments.  If we do those things--all the blessings that the Lord has promised in the scriptures can be ours!

I will finish today by quoting a scripture from the New Testament.  It is found in John 16:33:
 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Though this life is not easy, and we face many trials while here, we have been promised peace in Christ--even through the all the chaos that the world may throw at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment