Monday, March 5, 2012

Good Advice

Today's scripture mastery give a lot of very good advice--and again, if we choose to follow these commandments, we will be blessed. 

Today's scripture mastery is found in Doctrine and Covenants 88:123-124
 123 See that ye love one another; cease to be covetous; learn to impart one to another as the gospel requires.
 124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.
I know that these are not always easy commandments to follow.  I often struggle with them.  But I have seen that when I am following these commandments, I do see the blessings of God in my life.  When I love others, and am not coveting the blessings and things that others have, it is much easier for me to share my many blessings with those around me--which blesses not only those with whom I am sharing, but I also feel a great happiness and joy when I do.

When I keep myself busy doing good things,  I find it much easier to be clean in my thoughts and actions.  And when I do that--I am a much happier person.  When I get the proper amount of sleep, I do find that I function much better throughout the day.  Too much or too little, and I am still groggy. 

As for getting up early.  I have found that some of the best time to read my scriptures and meditate on the words of Christ.  I have also found that it has been during some early morning pondering that I have had some of my best insights to problems that I have been facing at that time in my life.  I also find that my body is invigorated--I have more energy for the day than I do if I sleep in.

Give each of these commandments a try.  When you do, you will also see the blessings of God that comes from each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment